The rubbed effect, commonly called the mermaid effect, leaves a beautiful metallic/pearlescent finish on the nail. Today, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you how to achieving the rubbed effect in this article.
The advantage of this Nail Art technique is that it will transform a simple color into a chic and glamorous rendering. Depending on the color chosen, the result will be more or less dark.
All the steps mentioned are to be carried out after shaping your builder gel and after applying one or two coats of colored UV gel or permanent varnish.
5 steps to achieve a rubbed effect on the nail:
1) Sprinkle the glitter liberally over the sticky residue of the color.
2) Rub / Massage the nail gently with the tip of your finger.
3) Remove excess glitter with a dust brush.
4) Apply a thin layer of finishing gel.
5) Catalyze 1mn under UV/LED lamp.
Hoping that this article has pleased you and will give you ideas! In addition, I also advise you to invest in a complete professional manicure kit to care for your nails!
Read also: Nail art: achieving the sugar effect