To start your business as an independent nail technician, you need to offer yourself the perfect manicure kit. The following list is for materials to get started as a nail technician. It’s not exhaustive, but it will help you get started and find your way around the gear you need.
As a nail expert, you need electrical devices:
- A UV or LED lamp: allows the drying of semi-permanent varnish or nail art, the hardening of gel and acrylic for the application of false nails.
- A nail drill: it saves precious time and offers an incomparable quality of work. The nail drill machine is equipped with several interchangeable bits.
- As an option, an electric table vacuum cleaner to suck up nail dust and residues of varnish and false nails.
To do gel nails or other nail services, you also need specific equipment:
- For the cuticles: a cuticle pusher to take off and push back the flesh.
- For the nails: coarse grain, medium grain and fine grain files to file the surface and the free edge of the nails, false nails or to remove the gel.
- For the realization of nail art and the shaping of false nails: manicure brushes of different sizes.
Read also: Where do white spots on nails come from?