The sugar effect in nails is a manicure technique where glitter powder is added to the nails over the finish. The result is a glossy, textured finish reminiscent of the surface of granulated sugar. Today, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you how to make a sugar effect on your nails. Keep reading!
To make a sugar effect on your nails, you will need a transparent finish such as UV resin, varnish or a color powder of your choice, a UV/LED lamp, as well as a fine glitter and a manicure brush. In addition, the professional manicure set is also essential.
Here are the steps to follow to create a sugar effect:
- Proceed with your usual color overlay.
- When you are finished with your overlay, apply a no-bake finish.
- Sprinkle the glitter on the nail and bake under the lamp.
- Remove excess glitter using a manicure brush.
- OK! Your sugar effect is achieved.
This technique is often used to give a unique and creative look to the nails. It is possible to use it with different colors to obtain even more original results.
Read also: How to use an electric nail drill?